Thursday, October 10, 2013

Poem #3

Back to Me

I’ll be your sky, if you’ll be my star.
You can hide underneath me until night.
I’ll turn to black so you can show who you are.
I’ll give you your chance to shine - I live to show your light.

But you can skyrocket away from me,
Though you’ll leave a hole of darkness in the sky.
You don’t have to return if you find another galaxy,
Just leave me your stardust to remember you by.

I’ll be your sea, if you’ll be my boat.
I’ll ebb and I’ll flow – I’ll be the calmest sea.
I’ll never let you sink, I’ll keep you afloat.
I’ll let you move as you please - I live to make you free.

But you can set sail if you want to,
You can go far from here, without a goodbye.
You can go past the horizon, where I can’t even see you,
Just leave me your wake to remember you by.

I’ll be your tree, if you’ll be my leaf.
I’ll keep you far off the ground, and safe in the sky.
I’ll give you your space, though your stem is brief.
I’ll let you feel the wind – I live to make you fly.

But you can let go in the fall if you need to,
And travel through the breeze, as far as you please.
You can settle somewhere pretty and new.
Just leave my branch with redoubtable ease.

If you don’t leave my sky your stardust,
Or with ease through the wind, or a wake in my sea,
I’ll expect you back; I’ll give you my trust

That you’ll always, in the end, come right back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment